Thursday, October 9, 2008

Strength

Hold on.. and do not be afraid.

That was what my Dad told me one day when he saw me sitting down by myself. Simple words said filled with encouragement. SPM (O-levels) is around the corner and so is NS and etc. High school is almost over and everyone is in a hurry to study or rushing through the syllables. Everyone says good luck and a lot of pressure is felt. At these times it is definitely best to hear encouragement more than nagging.

It gives us time to reflect and understand that we are only human (teenagers nonetheless).

So what do we have to loose if we try to do our best? Giving up is worse than trying and failing at the process. By giving up, we would not only fail others around us. We fail ourselves.

So, I am willing to try and go on trying. Are you?



*NS is national service. It is a requirement for a selected few to go through intense training. Ah, I for see burnt forests where I'm going.

No comments: