Thursday, April 17, 2008

story , to be publish in school mag

Look

She looked at me. I am sure of it now.

To be honest, I thought I was imagining it. I had actually turned to my partner instead. Just to make certain if she was checking him out instead. But the truth was, she was looking at me.
I caught her. I know this now as when I turned to look back, she quickly glanced away. She suddenly seems so interested in her text book. And I know for a fact, she hates this class.
I know many things about her. It is not that I stalk her or that I stare at her constantly. It is just that everything she does is so noticeable to me. And I find everything she is fascinating. The way she laughs and the way she tucks her hair behind her ears. I find it all adorable.
But I could not help myself. Every time I see her face, I feel like smiling inside and out. I try to play it cool. However each time I see her eyes, I think she's reading my inner most thoughts and fears.
All this time, I always thought she would never see me in the same light. But I am certain of it now, she just looked at me.

There it is again! She stared again!

Wow, I still could not believe it. Inside I feel like shouting to the heavens. She looked at me! She knows I am real.

"rings" *class bell rings*
She gets up, she looks like she's trying to run. I am always the one trying to run but watching her gives me a strange sense of bravery. I think I will go talk to her. And for the first time in months, my body is listening. It is walking towards her. The only thing is, what do I say to her?

No comments: