Friday, December 26, 2008

Lame Jokes

"Laureen do you know how to bake pancakes?"

"No, KJ. How?"

"You take a cake and put it in a pan. Tadaa!"

"You are dead."

______________________________________________________

I was running on Christmas day. I did not know where I was heading. All I did was run and somehow I ended up in a florist. The lady asked me what did I want? And I wondered what on earth was I doing there Christmas day?

Nonetheless, there I was and it was as though my hand had a mind of its own when I took a stalk of yellow daisies. Next thing I knew I was paying for them to be wrapped up for my mum.


It was crazy. Yet it was worth it when I saw her face.


Sometimes people do crazy things without thinking and I suppose on that Christmas day, I went on an impulsive run just because I could.


I guess my point is, have you ever just stopped and done something that was spontaneous-even something as easy and meaningful as buying your mum flowers? It struck me that life is about these little stuff that happens. The memories of laughing together or just watching a movie. Its about the little things like running to a florist on Christmas day to buy a flower.

The thing is do you cherish those moments or do you let it slip through your hands?



No comments: