Thursday, May 15, 2008

Time and Time again

I have been walking by the same street each day to go home. And I realised that if I calculated half the memories or times I have spent walking or even standing at that same street, it would actually almost be more than half my lifetime or more. Honestly, it makes one wonder what happened during those moments or what was going through my mind during one of my walks.


To be truthful, sometimes nothing goes through my mind except for thoughts of the day or the moments that just recently passed or my hopes and etc. And it was just an everyday ordinary day when it struck me that soon I might actually not be able to take this same route home. This street is where I had constantly fallen down on a couple of times, ran on to catch the bus, or used to head to class or school when I actually do miss the bus. It is the same street where I ride my bike or my dad's car as we head home or some other destination.


I might not be using it any more. And that possibility is coming ever so clear each day. The road to primary school, the staircase I used to climb the steps. I no longer walk that road. It has passed. And is it no wonder that I am finally coming to terms with this?


Who knows what the future might bring. Possibilities are everywhere and it makes one wonder and look at everything with awe. To think that yesterday was but only years ago and tomorrow is but only seconds or minutes away. Quick is time. The question is what do we do with the time in our hands?


For me, I rather make something happen and live all the way. As in a blink of a second everything could change.

No comments: